Tuesday, April 26, 2011

like dust


In the midst of our remodeling, it hit me...

The dust that settled over our entire house (have a definite hatred of drywall dust now) has become a part of my life.

A friend of mine warned me that this dust will be around forever, just when we think we have gotten rid of it, we'll find more. She's right... it hangs out on everything. We've scrubbed and scrubbed.

Just when I think it might be gone, I get dressed to go out... to work, to church, whatever... and then there will be a big white streak across whatever I've worn.

Just as sin creeps into every corner of our life. Just as when we think WE have it under control, we look down and see it's ugly stripes across our soul, our life.

WE can't control it, WE can't "fix" it. WE have to trust and turn it over to HIM.

2 comments:

  1. SO so true! What a great analogy and as one severely allergic to dust, I appreciate what you did to it on the table:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the analogy! Though I do wish we had a quick fix... TRUST... so hard! BUT He is able to do immeasurably more than we can ask or imagine!

    ReplyDelete