events of the day
4. a friend with a minivan who likes carpooling
- today we went on a field trip with our kiddies - only one in the group has a minivan - and we all fit in - (room for one more in fact, thinking it may not be big enough next summer!) a great way for our kids to learn to get along as they are in cramped quarters and we can't physically intervene
5. playgrounds and 6. cloud coverage
- not only did we go to a super cool playground today, but we also had cloud cover... not only did the boys had a blast on possibly the coolest free playground I have ever seen - but the mommas didn't melt as they played AND the boys could have played longer if the lightening alarms hadn't gone off... ooo...
7. lightening alarms
- love them - lets us know when to be safe - so many people dismiss lightening as such as a nuisance, but it is dangerous!
8. a science museum close by
- not only was it cool that it was close, but that the boys enjoyed it so much
9. GUAVA JELLY
- mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.... not until I was older did I realize that not everyone eats guava jelly growing up. to me it is one of the best comfort foods - a toasted English muffin, butter, and guava jelly and I am in culinary heaven
10. old fashioned carousels
- do i even need to explain the whimsy and joy they kindle in my heart?
11. that our boys will still hold hands with one another
-they will eventually think it icky to hold hands with one another saying "it's gay" - one of my least fav phrases - but for now they are so sweet and innocent. they hold hands w/ one another - actually fighting over who they want to hold hands with so sweet :)
12. firefighter friends
- while i know you can get a tour from most firehouses even without knowing the people - so much cooler when you do know the person
13. modern paramedic science
- i hope to never ride in an ambulance, but it's nice to know they exist and that they are so capable
14. the funny ax thing (hannigan/halligan???)
- never thought about how firefighters get in to get us out - glad to see how easy it would be!
15. an extra camera battery
- even though i would have gladly stolen L's camera the entire afternoon - glad i had a back up! when we bought the camera w/ the funky battery one of my "conditions" was that i had to have a back up battery
16. fire hoses
- again, something i hope i will never need but glad to know it exists
17. Air Conditioning
- again - something I don't need to explain - esp since i live in FLORIDA
18. iced chai
- introduced by my illustrious bff --- and soooo great on the aforementioned hot day in florida
19. the sway of the back seat
- a gentle rocking that def knocks out child (and tired momma)
- was hoping to hold off using this one - but since i'm doing the day's events - LEGOs that keep my (almost) 4 year old entertained while i get some quite time after a long day... AND he played creatively - not following instructions - he built the playground we had been to (complete w/ lightening alarm!)
21. braised short rib pasta cooked by chef hubby
- mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm one of my newest favs
22. free gift cards
- i had two gift cards i had gotten in diff ways - used both to buy fathers' day gifts
23. wines with funny names that make you laugh
- Chef Hubby had to buy red wine for the pasta - so i figured i would have a glass while i typed - the name of the wine - Mad Housewife - hope it isn't a symbolic selection!
***TOMORROW"S THEME --- fathers!****