Monday, April 19, 2010

How I got to here...

Things were different 4 years ago... really not that long ago.

Didn't know how quickly things would change. I gave birth to my gorgeous child B almost 4 years ago. What I didn't know was that things would quickly change from the most exciting and happiest time, to the day I almost died.

Things have improved from those first few days, weeks, months of grief... but recently I had a friend suffer from the loss of a miscarriage. I found myself envying her ability to find tons of blogs and websites dedicated to the loss of an unborn child --- where I found 1 support group... and ended up starting a small one myself.

Not much out there for the woman who gives birth and loses her fertility on the same day. This will be my attempt to retrace my steps of healing... and for me to rewalk the path to patch up the wounds when they rip back open.

It will be blundering, messy, honest, and a bit of a raw, but hopefully one day - it'll be there, and if someone else searches.... they may find some help in following the path I took.

1 comment:

  1. What a miracle for me to find this blog. It's exactly what I needed right now in my recovery. You and I share so much in common (it is unbelievable!) and I thank you for your courage and honesty in sharing your journey.

    ReplyDelete