Monday, June 24, 2013

Innocent questions... Hard Answers

Bee's birthday is tomorrow...

Last night we were snuggling and I was talking about how 7 years ago I was waddling around super hot and couldn't wait for him to come and meet me....

I was telling him all about how his Daddy's Mommy had come to stay in town and rented a condo... that we thought he would be born and she was there for the week up to the day he was born because he was TEN DAYS LATE!!!!

Then in the most plainest facttelling voice === he asked... Is that how I broke your belly??? Because I was late???

my heart about broke...

great that we were able to have the conversation...

I have always said my belly broke AFTER he was born (careful to phrase it so that it wasn't WHEN but AFTER)...

we talked and talked... he thought he had kicked me too hard so it broke... etc etc...

I told him no baby that's not why... then he asked the question of which we have no answer... Why did it happen????

Trying to explain to him that they don't know why it happened but it wasn't because of him and that it wasn't "HIS FAULT" was so hard....

I ended up telling him it was because my body just wasn't made to have babies... etc etc...

1 comment:

  1. Tears are running down my face. I too had an emergency hysterectomy as a first time mama at the age of 28 immediately following the birth of my son via c-section. I just started a blogger to help continue the healing process nearly six years later: Love, Life and Lady Parts. Please visit if you'd like--just did my first two posts which include my hysterectomy story. Knowing there is another person out there that can understand what I went through (and continue to go through) is such a blessing. Thoughts and prayers to you!

    ReplyDelete